Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Interacts with: Internal
All ( organisation) staff and contractors and their staff
§ Customers, suppliers
· Local/ regional and National organisations
· Whanau / hapu / iwi organisations
· Funding assistance Agencies
· Business Networks
· Local and Central Government agencies
· To provide an effective and efficient administration service to all internal and external customers with empathy and professionalism.
· Regularly review resources i.e. petty cash, stationery, cleaning, meeting and training rooms and catering supplies.
· Manage reception and the telephone system with professionalism and promptness.
· Respond efficiently and effectively to all enquiries.
· Maintain integrity of inward and outward correspondence and filing systems.
· Actively support and assist all co-workers with a quality administrative service.
· To communicate internal/external events and/or meetings in a timely fashion.
· To manage all filing requirements.
· To undertake special projects as directed.
· Be aware of X ( organisation) Customer Target Groups as defined from time to time by the CEO.
· Produce accurate documents within negotiated time frames.
· Organise and prioritise workload so as to allow for regular flow within acceptable time frames.
· Effectively manage a scheduling system for boardroom, interview and seminar rooms.
· Maintain confidentiality of inwards and outwards correspondence and filing systems.
· Manage the collection and despatch of inwards/outwards mail.
· Respond efficiently and effectively to all administrative enquiries, including room bookings and customer appointments.
· Assist in the set up of Seminar Rooms as required.
· Co-ordinate mail-outs as required
· Control and manage administrative duties, including purchasing requisitions and accounts; monitor/respond to all payments and debts; monitor and manage petty cash system.
· Active maintenance of the organisation’s databases to ensure that the database remains credible.
· Control and manage booking systems for seminars, workshops and courses as per any quality processes or requirements and input data into appropriate databases or schedules as required to meet time-frames.
· Control, monitor and organise of all stationery, kitchen, cleaning and toiletry requirements.
· Carry out quality verifications for the functions performed.
· Establish customer/visitor needs and make appropriate referral.
· Create a welcoming/culturally comfortable environment in reception area, by being empathetic and professional at all times.
· Ensure inwards and outwards mail is processed, distributed and posted daily.
· Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with
· Manage special projects according to project plan and objectives
· Be aware of co-worker’s workloads/time constraints and be actively supportive and assist wherever possible
· Adhere to X ( organisation) Q-Base Quality Programme, the Heath & Safety Policy, the Privacy Act and other statutory obligations
Key Result Areas:
· Quality reception service to internal/external customers.
· Up to date tidy accurate files
· Prompt availability of documents/files.
· Maintain adequate internal resources.
· Timely/accurate word processing completions.
· Timely/accurate data input and schedules maintained.
· Directives from the (Line Manager ) have been met
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
· All personal tolls, faxes and mail must be recorded for private payment.
· All purchases over $100 must be covered by a Purchase Order signed by your supervisor prior to any commitment to purchase
HOURS OF WORK
· Monday to Friday
· On Reception – each day
· Relevant tertiary/professional qualification is desirable.
· At least 2 yrs of proven experience in planning and organising work and priorities.
· At least 2 years Accounts Payable experience
· Able to use PC for long periods of time.
· Ability to sit at Reception Desk alone.
· Driving Licence.
· High level of knowledge & skill of Microsoft Office programmes
· Empathy for cultural and gender differences.
· Minimum of two years of Bookkeeping experience
· Working knowledge of computerised accounting systems
· Understanding of management principles and Best Practice Models
· Understand the dynamics of manawhenua / tangatawhenua and iwi Maori in relation to an urban environment
· Facilitation and networking skills.
· Problem solving and mediation skills.
· Highly developed interpersonal and representational skills and a proven superior standard of written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to exercise sound judgement.
· Good computer skills
· Team building.
· Negotiation skills.
· Ability to work autonomously, with self-management and prioritising skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Effective communication.
· Ability to work collaboratively with team members and internal and external stakeholders to accomplish organisational goals and contractual obligations.
· Empathy, listening skills and ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills.
· Non-judgemental attitude.
· Understand, value and respect differences
· Energy and enthusiasm.
· Networking skills.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.